What you need to know
- Arrive early – please arrive 15-20 minutes before class commences to allow time to register. Bookings are not required.
- Come prepared – avoid eating for 2 hours before class, and ensure that you are hydrated (drink plenty of water).
- Bring with you – a yoga mat, large towel and a bottle of water for class.*
- Wear appropriate clothing – we recommend light-fitting, comfortable clothing. The yoga room is HOT, so avoid wearing long pants and heavy t-shirts.
- No bookings required
* Yoga mats and towels are available for hire ($1 hire mats, $2 hire towels), and bottles of water are available to purchase.
- Only your yoga mat, towel and water may be brought into the yoga room.
- Remain silent in the yoga room. Bikram yoga is a 90-minute moving meditation, so please respect others by remaining silent.
- Please avoid wearing any strong perfumes or deodorants. Showers/change rooms are available should you require them before and after class.
- Try to stay in the room for the full 90-minute class, as leaving distracts others. Only leave the room in the case of an emergency.
- Beginners practice at the back of the room. This allows you to watch other, more experienced students if you are unsure of a posture.
- It is normal to feel a bit dizzy, nauseous or light-headed when you first start practicing Bikram yoga. Don’t be afraid to take a break and kneel down if needed.
- Try not to feel self-conscious – remember in yoga there is no comparison with anyone except yourself. Aim to do the best that you can.
- Your first class will be your hardest. Try to take your second class within 24 hours and practice as much as you can during your introductory offer.